WINDWARD HARBOR SPRINGS, MI
Windward Owners Association
RULES AND REGULATIONS
These rules and regulations have been established in accordance with the bylaws and in an effort to ensure the personal safety and enjoyment of owners and their guests. Your cooperation in observing and enforcing these rules and regulations is much appreciated. It should be understood that these rules and regulations apply to all renters and quest.
- Propane gas and charcoal grills: Cooking fires are permitted only in propane gas or charcoal grills on lower condo unit patios or parking lots. No fires or grills are allowed on second floor wooden decks or under the decks. Propane gas and charcoal grills on all condos unit must be 10 feet, or more, away from the building or building structure such as the decks.
- Propane fireplace (fire pit): With board approval, a small propane fireplace (fire pit) may be used on lower condo unit patios.
- Approved propane gas fireplaces (fire pit) must be at least 10 feet or more away from that portion of the building (limited common element - deck or deck supports) furthest away from the base wall of the building. The fireplace (fire pit) must be on concrete. Said concrete must be contiguous with the current unit condo patio. Concrete steps or concrete pads are not allowed. Concrete holding the fireplace (fire pit) must be on poured concrete
- No propane gas fireplaces are allowed on second floor wooden decks.
- No outside WOOD BURNING fireplaces are allowed.
- No open fires on the Windward pond beach are permitted.
NO TYPE OF FIREWORKS ARE ALLOWED, AT ANY TIME, ON WINDWARD PROPERTY—INCLUDING No Sky lanterns.
- No pets are allowed on the beach or in or around the pool, clubhouse, or tennis court areas. Owners with pets are expected to control and clean up after their animals.
- Pets must be leashed at all times.
- Renters are not allowed to have pets in the complex at any time
- No vicious breeds of pets are allowed.
4. CONSUMPTION OF ALCOHOL AND DRUGS BY MINORS
This activity is prohibited at all times in the common areas by the laws of the State of Michigan and will be enforced by Manager and Sheriff.
5. BEACH RULES
- NO swimming or wading is allowed in the pond—by either humans or pets. Windward’s insurance strictly prohibits anyone from entering the pond.
- No water craft, including but not limited to jet skis, snowmobiles and ATV’s, may be launched from, land on, be driven on, or be stored on the beach.
- No umbrellas may be set in the sand, as they may puncture the pond liner.
6. TRAILERS RVS AND BOATS
Parking of trailers, RVs, or boats of any type is not permitted for more than 24 hours, except in the approved designated area.
7. TENNIS & PICKLE BALL RULES
- Reserved play is limited to 90 minutes (11/2 hours) per day. Sign-up sheets are located at the clubhouse.
- Posted rules regarding proper dress, shoes and use must be observed.
- Tennis & Pickle Ball courts are Not to be used for skating, roller-blading, skate boarding, basketball, or any tennis or pickle ball.
8. POOL RULES (Hours: 9:00 am to 9:00 pm)
- No lifeguards are provided, so swim at your own risk.
- Children under 14 years old must have adult supervision
- Observe the Posted Rules, particularly regarding food, glass, and showering.
- Do not hang on the Safety Rope in the pool. This rope is required to be in place according to State law.
- Do not hang beach towels on other items from unit deck railings.
- Close umbrellas when not in use.
- NO SMOKING in the pool area.
- The clubhouse is available for the use of owners and their immediate families only. The owners or an immediate family member must personally attend the function for which the clubhouse is reserved.
- Any owner wishing to use the clubhouse should contact Monetta Foster at (231) 347-3963 to reserve the appropriated date and time. All reservations are taken on a first come, first served basis.
- A fee of $75.00 is charged for each use of the facility to cover the cost of cleaning. Your check confirms your reservation.
- It is expected that owners will be responsible for policing their use of the facility.
- Owners will be responsible for any and all damage caused and will be charged for all related repairs.
- Outdoor entertainment ends at 10:00 pm.
10. WALKING TRAILS
- CAUTION: DO NOT GO NEAR TREES MARKED 1,2, & 3 ALONG THE TRAILS
- THESE TREES ARE DISEASED AND UNSTABLE-THEY MAY FALL
- No bicycles, ATVs or vehicles of any kind are permitted on unpaved paths or areas of the common property. Use of these vehicles is permitted only on paved roadways.
- Snowmobiles are prohibited from use on any area of the property.
11. CONDO WATER SHUT-OFF
To help prevent water damage from water leaks, condo owners are asked to turn off the water supply to their unit when not in residence for more than a few days.
12. CONDO HEAT MINIMUM
Each unit owner should maintain their thermostat at a minimum of 60 degrees.
13. DO NOT FEED THE DEER
Feeding the deer encourages shrub damage and brings other animals to the area.
14. FIRE ARMS
Discharge of any type of fire arms is prohibited within Windward at all times.
15. Attachments to Common and Limited Common Elements
No changes may be made to Common Elements or Limited Common Elements without the Written Approval of the Windward Owners’ Association Board. This includes attachments to the Common & Limited Common Elements.
16. Landscape Waste
If you choose to landscape or have a professional landscaper for your courtyard: there is no dumping of discarded trees/bushes/found cover on the property. You must arrange for disposal.
17. Quiet hours (10:00 PM to 8:00 AM): Because we live in close proximity to our neighbors, the WOA Board has established Quiet Hours between 10:00 PM and 8:00 AM. During Quiet Hours, no occupant or guest shall make or permit any disturbing noises in the building. This includes—but is not limited to—loud voices, and loud volume on radios, TV, stereos, and Bluetooth speakers. Quiet Hours are particularly important on decks and patios during the summer season.