WINDWARD HARBOR SPRINGS, MI
Windward Owners Association
RULES AND REGULATIONS
These rules and regulations have been established in accordance with the bylaws and in an effort to ensure the personal safety and enjoyment of owners and their guests. Your cooperation in observing and enforcing these rules and regulations is much appreciated.
- Propane gas and charcoal grills: Cooking fires are permitted only in propane gas or charcoal grills on lower condo unit patios or parking lots. No fires or grills are allowed on second floor wooden decks or under the decks. Propane gas and charcoal grills on all condos unit must be 10 feet, or more, away from the building or building structure such as the decks.
- Propane fireplace (fire pit)—same policy as above rule #1, a: With board approval, a small propane fireplace (fire pit) may be used on lower condo unit patios. No propane gas fireplaces are allowed on second floor wooden decks. Approved propane gas fireplaces on lower condo unit patios must be 10 feet, or more, away from the building.
- No outside WOOD BURNING fireplaces are allowed.
- No open fires on the Windward pond beach are permitted.
NO TYPE OF FIREWORKS ARE ALLOWED—AT ANY TIME—ON WINDWARD PROPERTY.
- No pets are allowed on the beach or in or around the pool, clubhouse, or tennis court areas. Owners with pets are expected to control and clean up after their animals.
- Pets must be leashed at all times.
- Renters are not allowed to have pets in the complex at any time
- No vicious breeds of pets are allowed.
4. CONSUMPTION OF ALCOHOL AND DRUGS BY MINORS
This activity is prohibited at all times in the common areas by the laws of the State of Michigan and will be enforced by Manager and Sheriff.
5. BEACH RULES
- NO swimming or wading is allowed in the pond. Windward’s insurance strictly prohibits anyone from entering the pond.
- No water craft, including but not limited to jet skis, snowmobiles and ATV’s, may be launched from, land on, be driven on, or be stored on the beach.
- No umbrellas may be set in the sand, as they may puncture the pond liner.
6. TRAILERS RVS AND BOATS
Parking of trailers, RVs, or boats of any type is not permitted for more than 24 hours, except in the approved designated area.
7. TENNIS RULES
- Reserved play is limited to one hour per unit per day. Sign-up sheets are located at the clubhouse.
- Posted rules regarding proper dress, shoes and use must be observed.
- Tennis courts are to be used for TENNIS ONLY. The courts may not be used for skating, roller-blading, skate boarding, basketball, or any other activity except tennis.
8. POOL RULES (Hours: 9:00 am to 9:00 pm)
- No lifeguards are provided, so swim at your own risk.
- Children under 14 years old must have adult supervision
- Observe the Posted Rules, particularly regarding food, glass, and showering.
- Do not hang on the Safety Rope in the pool. This rope is required to be in place according to State law.
- Do not hang beach towels on other items from unit deck railings.
- Close umbrellas when not in use.
- NO SMOKING in the pool area.
- The clubhouse is available for the use of owners and their immediate families only. The owners or an immediate family member must personally attend the function for which the clubhouse is reserved.
- Any owner wishing to use the clubhouse should contact Monetta Foster at (231) 347-3963 to reserve the appropriated date and time. All reservations are taken on a first come, first served basis.
- A fee of $50.00 is charged for each use of the facility to cover the cost of cleaning. Your check confirms your reservation.
- It is expected that owners will be responsible for policing their use of the facility.
- Owners will be responsible for any and all damage caused and will be charged for all related repairs.
- Outdoor entertainment ends at 10:00 pm.
10. WALKING TRAILS
- No bicycles, ATVs or vehicles of any kind are permitted on unpaved paths or areas of the common property. Use of these vehicles is permitted only on paved roadways.
- Snowmobiles are prohibited from use on any area of the property.
11. CONDO WATER SHUT-OFF
To help prevent water damage from water leaks, condo owners are asked to turn off the water supply to their unit when not in residence for more than a few days.
12. CONDO HEAT MINIMUM
Each unit owner should maintain their thermostat at a minimum of 60 degrees.
13. DO NOT FEED THE DEER
Feeding the deer encourages shrub damage and brings other animals to the area.
14. FIRE ARMS
Discharge of any type of fire arms is prohibited within Windward at all times.
15. Attachments to Common and Limited Common Elements
Nothing can be attached to the outside walls of any of the Windward buildings without the approval from the Windward Board. This policy is based on the following:
The by-laws of the condominium prohibit such attachments without Board approval. Article VI – Restrictions – Section
16. Rules and Regulations apply to renters.
All owners who rent their units must post these rules in your unit. Remember as an owner you are responsible for any possible violation by your renter.